Waiting List For COVID-19 Vaccine
We are working directly with Williamson County to move as quickly as possible through the tier 1A and 1B group. We do NOT have a specific day or time when we will receive our next shipment of vaccines. Please be patient as we are working through this list as quickly as we can. Once it is your turn on our waiting list, we will send you an individual booking link to schedule your appointment via the email your provided (please check your junk mail).
*List updated daily*
*Please note that this is a WAITLIST and not a scheduled appointment*
"GET YOUR SHOT!" -Willie Nelson
• Ages 65+ • Ages 18+* with chronic medical conditions
• Essential frontline workers (identified by the State of Texas)
• Vaccines will be distributed to the general public.
Most frequent questions and answers
We are working with the county and state to set up recurring vaccine supplies. If you sign up for our waiting list we will email you a booking link to book your appointment once your turn.
We are moving as quickly as we can and appreciate your patience and understanding!
We administer Moderna & PFIZER
There are 4 phases:
- Phase 1A : Eligible customers: • Healthcare workers • Residents of long-term care facilities
- Phase 1B:
Eligible customers: • Ages 65+ • Ages 18+* with chronic medical conditions
- Phase 1C: Eligible customers: • Essential frontline workers (identified by the State of Texas)
- Phase 2: Eligible customers: • Vaccines will be distributed to the general public.
The COVID-19 Vaccine is currently not available to the general public. FHS will follow the distribution schedule set by the government.
There will be no charge to anyone receiving the Covid-19 Vaccine.
Customers must schedule a appointment in order to receive the vaccine. FHS will not accept walkups.
While the CDC provides guidance, the State of Texas will determine priority groups and the order in which they get the vaccine, as well as schedules of when to move into the next phase.
PCR Nasal Swab Testing
Instructions on How to Book a COVID Drive Through Test
- Register your account in our patient portal
- After registration, inside the portal navigate to the top right corner where it says “book”.
- Select one of the following locations:
- After choosing the location select COVID Testing and you will be able to schedule a time.
- After you book the appointment you will be emailed a pre-registration form, please complete this form prior to your appointment to avoid any delays in your appointment.
Register Your Account
Available Testing Locations:
Commonly Asked Questions
- Commercial insurance companies are waiving co-pays and deductibles so, there will be no out-of-pocket costs to you.
- If you are a uninsured and are a Williamson county resident the county will pay for your test.
- If you have no insurance and live outside of Williamson the test will cost
- PCR Test $300 per person
- Antibody Test $150 per person
Your results will be uploaded to your patient portal. If you do not receive your results after 4 days of testing please call the facility you were tested at.
Facility Phone Numbers:
Family Emergency Room at Lakeline- (512) 506-8503
Family Emergency Room at Round Rock-(512) 310-1900
Family Emergency Room at Georgetown- (512) 690-4590
We are seeing results take anywhere between 3-7 days to receive from the labs. If a patient is positive, a physician will be calling that individual on what are the next steps.
All patients will receive their results via our Patient Portal regardless of positive or negative results.
We recommend that you watch the videos on this page about the difference on how the test work.
If patients are experiencing symptoms or have other morbidity we recommend having the PCR test for the most accurate results.